Summer Band Checklist
summer band rehearsals begin soon!
Summer band begins in just a few weeks! These rehearsals are mandatory for MEB members.
July 18-21 – drumline and colorguard intensive camps
July 27-August 10 – all MEB
Times vary depending on day and group. For a detailed calendar, please see:
Here’s a checklist to prepare yourself for summer band:
- Spend some time outside! We will be outdoors quite a bit.
- Be active every day! Structured workouts are great, but not necessary. Go for a walk, play sports, climb on the playground at the park, anything to get your body moving.
- Play your instrument! Tuesday rehearsals will continue until the start of summer band, please attend if you can. At home, play whatever music makes you happy! Music packets with fundamentals and show music are here:
- Wear light, loose-fitting athletic clothing. Shorts and short-sleeve shirts highly recommended.
- Wear athletic shoes – no sandals, Crocs, or similar.
- Bring your instrument/mouthpiece/sticks/guard equipment
- Bring appropriate oil/grease/reeds
- Bring sunscreen!
- Bring water. You will receive a MEB water jug on the 27th.
- Ensure your band fees are up to date. Attire will be distributed on the 27th to those who have paid their attire fee. You can check your account via Charms. School code is CrowleyHSBand, password is your student ID.
Summer band is a lot of work, and a lot of fun. The juice is worth the squeeze!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the appropriate director:
Colorguard – Mr. Wessels – email@example.com
Percussion – Mr. Danforth – firstname.lastname@example.org
Other questions – Mr. Dunning – email@example.com
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone again!